The FCC allows D/HH callers to use VRS when traveling outside the United States if the callers satisfy the following conditions:
- Caller is registered in the United States
- Caller has a 10 digit number from an authorized VRS provider
- Caller has registered with and received Permission to place International calls from the original VRS provider who issued them the 10 digit number being used to place the call.
- Caller is traveling outside the United States for no more than 4 weeks.
Violation of FCC rules is a Federal Crime
Anyone attempting to defraud the FCC
will be reported to the FCC and the Federal Authorities
You will be immediately reported to the FCC if you are knowingly:
- Falsifying information
- You are actually living (not traveling) outside the United States
- Using this as a means to illegally process International calls
Federal offenses are punishable by fine, imprisonment, or both
To Apply for Traveler Permission
Which situation applies to you? Choose #1 #2 or #3 and follow instructions carefully.
- Yes I already have a 10 Digit Number provided by Gracias VRS. Please contact Customer Care to complete your request for authorization to use GraciasVRS when traveling internationally.
- I do not have a Gracias VRS number, but I want one so GraciasVRS can process my calls while I am traveling. Click here to register for your personal GraciasVRS 10 digit phone number and then please contact Customer Care to complete your request for authorization to use GraciasVRS when traveling internationally.
- I have a 10 digit number from another VRS company. In this situation you have two options, A or B. Please Note: Due to current FCC regulations and industry set-up, GraciasVRS cannot register you as an approved traveler if your number is originally from another VRS company.
- Click here to quickly receive a GraciasVRS 10 digit number so GraciasVRS can process your calls while traveling.
- Go back to the VRS company that gave you your current 10 digit number and request a Traveler Permission Form from them.